A. Water Service Connection.
1. Location. The City shall install the water service connection in a location approved by City. The water service connection shall be installed between the water main and the customer’s property line. If Customer requests an alternate location on customer’s property and City approves the location, an easement to the City shall be provided by customer for location of City approved water service connection or water meter. The Customer will pay all costs.
2. Size. The water service connection size shall be in accordance with OPSC. The minimum size of a water service connection shall be three quarters inch (3/4") inside diameter.
B. Water Meters Including Exempt Meters.
1. Location. A water meter shall be installed by City at the termination of a water service connection. The water meter shall be located at the property line on public right-of-way or public property. If the Customer requests an alternate location on customer’s property, and City approves the location, an easement to the City shall be provided by customer to allow the City to install the City approved water service connection or water meter. Customer will pay all costs.
2. Size. The water meter size shall be determined by the City based on the OPSC and water meter manufacturer’s recommendation. The minimum size meter is three-quarters inch (3/4") inside diameter.
C. Water Meter Accuracy. Customer may request a water accuracy test. Prior to the request being granted, customer shall deposit an amount with the City, as established by Council. If the water meter accuracy test is within ±5% of manufacturer’s standard, customer shall forfeit deposit. If the water meter accuracy check exceeds ±5 of manufacturer’s standard, City shall install a replacement water meter and deposit shall be refunded to customer.
D. Installation Charges. Installation charges for water service connections and water meters shall be established by Council.
E. System Development Charge (SDC). A reimbursement fee, a public improvement charge or a combination assessed and collected as specified in Section 4.20.070 of the AMC.
F. Access to Service Connection. Customer shall keep premises free from any and all rubbish or material which would prevent City from having free access to any service connection and/or water meter.
G. Ownership and Maintenance.
1. City is the owner of service connection. Authorized City personnel shall install and maintain service connections at City’s expense. If a customer damages the service, the customer is liable for all costs of repair and/or replacement incurred, and the Customer shall be billed by the City for all the costs.
2. Customer is the owner of the water supply line and is responsible for construction, repair, and maintenance of the water supply line.
H. Joint Water Services. City may, at City option, serve two (2) or more premises with one water service connection. The size of a joint water service connection shall be determined by the City based on OPSC standards and the water meter manufacturer’s recommendations.
I. Sub-Meters. Sub-meters are water meters installed by customer for the convenience of customer. City will not furnish or read sub-meters.
J. Change in Size or Location of Water Service Connection and/or Water Meter. A customer requesting a change in location or size of a water service connection and/or water meter, shall be liable for all costs incurred by City as established by Council. City shall approve all relocations.
K. Water Service Connection or Private Water main. City shall discontinue water service when a private water main or supply or private appurtenance(s) are not constructed or properly maintained by the customer in accordance with City, State, or Federal laws and these water regulations.
L. Customer’s Control Valve(s). Customer is required to install a control valve which controls the water supply to customer premises. Customer control valve shall be located between the City water meter and the customer water supply line. The purpose of customer control valves is to provide customers with a method of discontinuing water service to their premises. The cost of furnishing and installing customer control valves by the City will be as established by Council. (Ord. 2964, added, 10/07/2008)