A. Suspension and Revocation. Any permit issued under this chapter may be revoked or suspended if the Director finds after a reasonable investigation that:
1. The provisions of this chapter or regulations adopted hereunder have been violated;
2. Any statement contained in the application for the permit or license is false;
3. The suspension or revocation is necessary to protect the public health, safety, and welfare generally; or
4. The revocation or suspension is otherwise authorized by ordinances of the City.
B. Any suspension or revocation pursuant to this section shall be in writing, setting forth the reasons therefore, and giving five days written notice prior to the revocation or suspension.
C. Except as provided below, any suspension or revocation shall be effective 10 days after mailing a copy thereof by first class United State mail addressed to the special vehicle or tour bus company at the business or residence address shown on the permit application or renewal.
D. Notwithstanding subsection C of this section, a suspension or revocation may be effective immediately if the City finds reasonable grounds to believe that:
1. A vehicle being operated as a special vehicle or tour bus is not covered by liability insurance required by AMC 6.30.090, or
2. Continued operation by the special vehicle or tour bus company would cause, or is likely to cause, imminent danger to the public health, safety, and/or welfare. (Ord. 2970, added, 10/21/2008)