A. Any certificate or permit may be suspended or revoked by the City Recorder if the City finds after a reasonable investigation verifying that any one or more of the following conditions exist:
1. The Taxicab company ceases to operate any taxicab for a period of 15 consecutive days without obtaining permission for the cessation of such operation from the City.
2. The Taxicab company and/or driver fails to operate the taxicab in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
3. The Taxicab company and/or driver fails to pay any of the fees or payments required to be paid by the provisions of this chapter.
4. The suspension or revocation is necessary to protect the public health, safety, and welfare generally or the safety of the taxicab-riding public in particular.
5. The revocation or suspension is otherwise authorized by ordinances of the City.
B. Any suspension or revocation pursuant to this section shall be in writing, setting forth the reasons therefore and the right of appeal pursuant to AMC 2.30.
C. Except as provided below, any suspension or revocation shall be effective 10 days after mailing a copy thereof by first class United States mail addressed to the taxicab company and/or taxicab driver at the business or residence address shown on the permit application or renewal.
D. Notwithstanding subsection (C) of this section, a suspension or revocation may be made effective immediately if the City finds reasonable grounds to believe that:
1. A person holding a taxicab driver’s permit is not covered by liability insurance as required by this chapter,
2. A vehicle being operated as a taxicab is not covered by liability insurance required by this chapter, or
3. Continued operation by the taxicab company or taxicab driver would cause, or is likely to cause, imminent danger to the public health, safety, or welfare. (Ord. 2969, added, 10/21/2008)