A. For all required insurance, vehicle for hire agencies shall provide certificates of insurance and endorsements naming the City, its officers, agents, and employees as additional insured parties and give at least 30 calendar days’ notice to the City before a policy is canceled, expires, or has any reduction in coverage.
B. The insurance requirements of this section shall be satisfied by insurance issued by a licensed insurer or an eligible surplus lines insurer in the state of Oregon.
C. The insurance limits for vehicle for hire agencies are subject to statutory changes as to maximum limits of liability imposed on municipalities of the state of Oregon during the term of any permit.
D. The adequacy of insurance coverage is subject to the review and approval of the City.
E. Every vehicle for hire agency shall maintain continuous, uninterrupted coverage for the duration of the permit and any operations in the City. Any lapse in insurance coverage, even if it is later backdated by the insurance company, is a violation of this chapter.
F. Every vehicle for hire agency shall secure and maintain commercial general liability insurance with limits of not less than $1,000,000.00 per occurrence and $2,000,000.00 in the aggregate for claims arising out of, but not limited to, bodily injury and property damage incurred in the course of operating in the City.
G. Taxi companies and limousine companies shall secure and maintain commercial automobile liability insurance covering vehicles for hire operated within the City, with a combined single limit of not less than $1,000,000.00 per occurrence for claims arising out of, but not limited to, bodily injury and property damage incurred in the course of operating in the City.
H. TNC Service Periods Defined.
1. Period 1. The TNC driver has logged into the digital dispatch system or is otherwise connected to the TNC’s digital dispatch system, but has not yet accepted a request for a ride from a passenger. For example, the digital dispatch system is open, and the driver is waiting for a match.
2. Period 2. A passenger match has been accepted by the driver, but the passenger is not yet picked up (for example, the driver is on the way to pick up the passenger).
3. Period 3. A passenger is in the vehicle for hire.
I. Upon City request and as part of a permit application, TNCs shall provide proof of current, valid insurance for City approval covering all affiliated drivers and vehicles for hire operating for such TNC and satisfying the minimum liability limits for Periods 1, 2, and 3 set forth in this section.
J. All TNCs shall maintain and provide the City with proof of the following automobile liability coverages:
1. Primary insurance coverage during Period 1 with minimum liability limits of $50,000.00 per person for death and injury, $100,000.00 per incident for death and injury, and $25,000.00 for property damage, in addition to any other coverage required by the state of Oregon.
2. Primary insurance coverage during Periods 2 and 3 with minimum liability limits of $1,000,000.00 in combined single limit coverage for death, personal injury, and property damage per incident; and $1,000,000.00 in combined single limit under/uninsured motorist coverage for death, personal injury, and property damage per incident.
3. The required automobile liability insurance shall specifically recognize the driver’s provision of TNC and vehicle for hire services and shall comply with the laws of the state of Oregon and/or other applicable governing bodies.
K. Vehicle for hire drivers shall be responsible for maintaining all personal automobile liability insurance required by state law. (Ord. 3160 § 2, added, 09/18/2018)