A. Applications for business licenses must be submitted on forms to be provided by the Finance Department. Every such application must be signed by the owner or a duly authorized agent and must contain the following information:
1. Name of person or persons owning business or an authorized officer;
2. Assumed business name, and phone number, if any;
3. Address mailing address and phone number of applicant, the owner(s) of the business activity and of its principal place of business;
4. Nature of the business activity;
5. Number of employees;
6. Emergency contact name and telephone.
B. If the business activities are classified in two (2) or more categories, the primary or predominant activity should be designated.
C. If the principal place of business is outside the City, the application must specify the number of employees to be engaged in the business activity within the City, and the license issued on the basis thereof, shall be only to permit the specified number of employees to conduct the business activity within the City at any one time.
D. License taxes shall be computed on the basis of information contained in the application, and it shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to sign or submit a business license application containing false information.
E. The City shall prepare blank business license applications and make them available at City Hall upon request.
F. Failure to receive or secure a business license application shall not relieve any person from the obligation to pay a license fee and obtain a license under this ordinance. (Ord. 3087, amended, 10/01/2013)