Skip to main content

During the existence of an emergency, the City administrator may:

A. Enter into purchase, lease or other arrangements with any agency of the United States or the State of Oregon for temporary housing units to be occupied by disaster victims.

B. Accept or borrow funds from or passed through by the State of Oregon for temporary housing for disaster victims.

C. Upon determination that the City will suffer a substantial loss of tax and other revenues from a major disaster and that there is a demonstrated need for financial assistance to perform its governmental functions, apply to the federal and state government, or request the state to apply on the City’s behalf, for grants and loans and to receive, on behalf of the City, such grants and loans.

D. Determine the amount needed to restore or resume the City’s governmental functions, and to certify the same to the State of Oregon or the federal government.