A. Street may only be named:
1. If listed on the adopted Heritage Street Name List.
2. After a prominent person who:
a. Achieved prominence as a result of his or her significant, positive contribution to the history of the world, United States, the State of Oregon, Southern Oregon, or the City of Ashland.
b. Is a real person, and
c. Has been deceased for at least five years.
3. For a geographical place name of prominence.
4. For flora, fauna, or geologic materials.
5. After a commemorative event which:
a. Achieved distinction as a result of significant and positive contribution to the world, United States, the State of Oregon, Southern Oregon, or the City of Ashland.
b. Actually occurred.
6. For a description of the area in which the street is located or a prominent landmark nearby.
B. No street name shall be approved if it is similar to or pronounced the same as the name of any other street within the City.
C. Names for new streets shall be approved by the public works director after consultation with the fire, police and community development departments. (Ord. 2819 § 1, amended, 1998)