A. A comfort station designated by a sign indicating it is for the exclusive use of persons of one sex shall not be entered or used by a person of a different sex except:
1. An adult parent or guardian accompanying a minor child under the age of twelve (12);
2. To accompany a physically handicapped or infirmed person reasonably needing physical assistance;
3. To render emergency medical aid or assistance;
4. Persons who reasonably have an urgent need to enter or use a public comfort station regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation; or
5. City employees in the discharge of their regular duties.
B. Any person who violates any provision of this Chapter is subject to Section 1.08.020 of the Ashland Municipal Code. Any violation of this section is a Class IV violation. (Ord. 3137, amended, 2017; Ord. 3026, amended, 08/03/2010)